Anyone looking for a nice and easy puzzle game will have to give Triple Town a try. Great graphics, simple rules and lots of possibilities make this a nice pastime. The aim of this little game is to build the biggest town before you run out of space. The trick is to plan ahead the layout of the town and make sure to arrange the structures in order to reach the maximum upgradeable potential. But let’s start from the beginning.
Playing the game
So what exactly happens in Triple Town? Here are a couple of basic ideas:
- You start with a fixed field of 6 x 6 slots.
- You are given objects that can be placed on this map, one by one. These include grass, bushes, trees, huts etc. You can only place an object on an empty slot.
- Every time you place at least 3 objects of the same type next to each other, they will form one object of the higher rank. For example placing 3 adjacent trees will form a hut and 2 empty spaces.
- Every once in a while you will get a bear that you need to place on the map. Bears have the bad habit of moving around. When a bear is trapped and cannot move anymore, it dies and leaves a tombstone. Tombstones follow the same 3 object rule: 3 adjacent tombstones will form a church.
- Every time you upgrade your structures you get points which add up to the total score. The aim of the game is to reach the highest score possible.
One nice feature of the game is the ability to switch between landscape and portrait. Not only that, all the 4 possible angles are supported so you can even play Triple Town with your phone upside down.
The freemium app
Although Triple Town can be freely downloaded from the Android Market and although it doesn’t have any advertisements there is a different mechanism in place to turn users into paying customers. You start with 1500 moves and every time you place an object, you loose a move. They do replenish on their own, but that takes time and for someone who wants to play all day this is not a solution.
Luckily, we did find a workaround this limit. One is to uninstall and reinstall the app and the other is to go to the Manage Apps screen, select Triple Town and select Clear Data. Of course, this will terminate any running game and you will be forced to retake the tutorial, but the moves and coins will be reset. However, your achievements in Feint will remain.
If the mobile version is not your thing, or if you want to play on your computer then you are in luck: there are versions of Triple Town for both Facebook and Google+.
|Size||Varies with device (approximately 12 MB)|
|Developer||Spry Fox LLC|
- the official site of Triple Town